Mamoru Miyano, one of the most notable seiyu (voice actor, cover voice, voice over), actors, and music artists turned 37 today.
For those who do not know him, here are some of his roles in your favorite anime:
- Light Yagami from Death Note (2006)
- Death the Kid from Soul Eater (2008)
- Osamu Dazai from Bungo Stray Dogs (2016)
- Haru Kato from Fugo Keiji: Balance Unlimited (2020)
- Jean-Jacques Leroy from Yuri!!! on Ice (2016)
- Gilthunder from Seven Deadly Sins (2014)
- Masaomi Kida from Durarara (2010)
- Rin Matsuoka from Free! (2013)
- Atsumu Miya from Haikyu!! (2020)
- Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School (2007)
- Chrollo Lucilfer from HunterxHunter (2011)
- Rintaro Okabe from Stein’s;Gate (2011)
- Shu Tsukiyama from Tokyo Ghoul (2014)
- Zero Kiryu from Vampire Knight (2008)
- Tokiya Ichinose from Uta no Prince-sama! (2011)
For more, here’s Mamo’s entire voice acting career: https://myanimelist.net/people/65/Mamoru_Miyano
This is just to name a few roles. Some of my favorite roles by Mamo are Tamaki, Tokiya, Dazai, and Death the Kid.
I was first introduced to Mamo’s voice acting in Ouran High School. This was way before I delved into the voice acting fandom and was learning who was voicing who. Tamaki was always so cheery and comedic, which is one of my favorite things about Mamo: how funny he is. Some of his other roles like Dazai embody this. My first role that I actually delved into Mamo fully was when he was
Mamo has always been a person who was lively, animated, and joyful. It was shocking to hear the opposite in roles like Chrollo, Tokiya, and even Zero. I know that Mamo does sound the same in a lot of the roles that he plays, but there’s something that he has that keeps me hooked: his passion.
His passion goes even into his music. From his song Kimi e (君へ。。。) to Tada Soba ni Ite (ただそばにいて) you can hear how much of him he puts into his ballads. In his dance songs Shine, Egoistic, New Order, and Magic, you can hear and even see how much he puts into his moves. Everything about Mamo comes from the heart.
Here are some of his songs that appeared in anime:
- Orpheus, Uta no Prince-sama
- Canon, Uta no Prince-sama
- Shine, Uta no Prince-sama
- Tempest, Uta no Prince-sama
- Last Dance, In/Spectre
- Break It, Cardfight Vanguard!! G
- Shout!, Cardfight Vanguard!! G
- Hikari Sasu Hou E, Ahiru no Sora
- How Close You Are, Ajin
One last thing that keeps me going back to Mamo is the visuals in his music video. Here are some of my favorite music videos:
Even his concerts have great visuals!
Once again, happy birthday Mamo! I hope that you enjoyed the festivities at home!